June 12, 2010

REVIEW: Carlos Parts I-III


I'm going to keep this review short but I was very disspointed by this epic. Clocking in at five and half hours the three part film is massive in scale but poor in it's execution. I don't mind films with long running times most of my favorite films average longer than two hours. So it's not a point of patience that runied this for me but it didn't help. While it was shot beautfully it's painfully slow and characters are so self indulgent you can't really invest or care for them. Carols himself wasn't even likable so it was difficult to watch him weasel his way throughout the film. I will say the production value was impressive from the sets, costumes and few action scenes. I'm a sucker for this subject matter I loved Munich, Che and The Badder Meinhof Complex but this film is just too messy for me to recommend it.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment