October 4, 2010

Zack Snyder To Direct Superman

Deadline reports that Warner Bros. and producer Christopher Nolan have chosen their new director for Superman. Zack Snyder will direct the reboot which is likely to develop into more films. Snyder has been one of my favorites directors mentioned for the project. Hopefully he can make Superman compelling when I've found nothing interesting about the hero. Snyder's prolific visual style should help bring the series in a new direction. I wouldn't expect him to honor the previous incarnations of the original Richard Donner films. Like what we saw with Bryan Singer's disappointingly familiar Superman Returns.

UPDATE:  Deadline has updated their article with direct comments from Snyder. The director confirmed and said he would get started on the film when he finishes post-production on Sucker Punch.

"I've been a big fan of the character for a long time, he's definitely the king of all superheroes, he's the one,"


"It's early yet, but I can tell you that what David and Chris have done with the story so far definitely has given me a great insight into a way to make him feel modern. I've always felt he was kind of awesome. I'll finish Sucker Punch and get right at it."







No comments:

Post a Comment