November 11, 2011

Director Tarsem Singh Wouldn't Mind Making A Samurai Jack Film

During promotion of Immortals director Tarsem Singh (The Fall) told HeatVision that he wouldn't want to make a "comic strip" film but revealed a dream project. Tarsem would like to make a live-action film based on Genndy Tartakovsky's Samurai Jack. The animated series which earned four Emmys centered on a warrior from feudal Japan banished into the future by a shape-changing demon, with the warrior battling aliens and robots as he tries to find a way back to his own time.

“I love Samurai Jack. I would love to direct that.....It’s brilliant. The speed, it embraces where it comes from. I find that comic strip films are halfway grounded. They don’t play my chord. But I love Samurai Jack. I love the animation"

They also add that Brett Ratner (recently fired Oscar producer) during the early 2000s was trying to get a live-action Jack film off the ground with him as director but the rights reverted back to the Cartoon Network. I'm looking forward to checking out Immortals but will avoid Singh's Snow White take Mirror Mirror like the plague. I think if anyone that could make a compelling Samurai Jack film it would be Tarsem.



No comments:

Post a Comment