November 12, 2011

Michael Fassbender Keeping Open Mind On Robocop Role

Collider was able to speak with Michael Fassbender (First Class, Shame, Inglourious Basterds) on the rumor he was wanted by director Jose Padilha (Elite Squad 1-2) for the role of Alex Murphy in his Robocop reboot. While he neither confirms nor denies his involvement, Fassbender sounds open to the role if anything else.

Question: Because of all of the success that you’ve had recently, there are lots of rumors that you are attached to all sorts of great projects. Is RoboCop something that you’d like to do?


MICHAEL FASSBENDER: You know, I’m always open. I’ll take a look at the script and sit down with the director and have a conversation. It’s not definitely like, “Oh, I’ve got to play RoboCop before I retire.” I don’t have that about anything. I don’t go, “I have to play the Dane one day, or Hamlet.” I don’t really think like that. I just wait and see what comes up, and I’m always open to it. If I react to the script, then I’m up for anything. 

Would you dread wearing a metal suit?

FASSBENDER: No. It could be kind of fun. It could be kind of good to have a helmet that I could hide behind, for most of the film, too. That sounds kind of appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment