September 10, 2012

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Getting A Rewrite From James Gunn


Joss Whedon was at TIFF and spoke to MTV about James Gunn directing Guardians of The Galaxy. He gives the impression that the deal is pretty much a done deal for James to direct the cosmic team. Calling his take "twisted", giving the impression Gunn will also be contributing to Nicole Perlman's script with his own rewrites. Whedon is going to be the creative force behind the Phase Two movies so his word is the gospel at this point. We should expect a more official announcement concerning Guardians in the coming months.

“James is what makes me think it will work. I myself was sort of like, 'Well, I liked Rocket Raccoon as a kid, but I'm not sure how that plays [to a wider audience].' And then they said, 'Well, we're thinking about using James Gunn.' And I said, 'Oh, then no, you're fine.' He is so off the wall, and so crazy, but so smart, such a craftsman and he builds from his heart. He loves the raccoon. Needs the raccoon. This is the guy who wrote 'The Specials.' People don't understand how influential that movie was about heroes, about taking heroes and making them mundane. And [he directed] 'Super.' Gunn has barely started, but already has a very twisted take on it, but it all comes from a real love for the material. It's going to be hard for the humans to keep up," said Whedon. "I know he's going to come from left field and I'm going to go, 'What?' And then, 'Of course, why didn't I think of that?' And then I'm going to beat him!”

No comments:

Post a Comment