December 26, 2012

Katie McGrath Wants To Play A STAR WARS Villain


Irish actress Katie McGrath (Merlin) recently told Metro (via FanCarpet) that she'd love to end up with a role in the new Star Wars films but only if it was a villain. Actors such as Tom Hiddleston (Avengers), Jason Flemyng (X-Men First Class, Kick-Ass, Lock Stock) and David Tennant (Harry Potter, Doctor Who) previously put out there they'd be open for roles in Star Wars Episode VII as well.

"I'm very excited about the possibility they could be like the first three, I'm a bit scared they might be like the prequels, I'd melt into a puddle on the floor if that ever came my way. I'd be a ball of jelly. I'd want to be a bad guy though. You get to have all the powers of a Dark Sith Lord but if you say you're sorry you still get the blue aura around you when you die. There also haven't been any bad women in Star Wars. And I'd love to get my own Star Wars action figure."


The prequels did help actresses like Keira Knightley and Natalie Portman gain international awareness. So it's possible LucasFilm could be looking for new talent like McGrath to fill roles. We've seen televison actors from the UK land big roles in franchises recently. Tom Hiddleston, Hayley Atwell, Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman, Noel Clarke and Richard Artimage just to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment